Wednesday, May 6, 2015

three for lee.


Lee was excited for his birthday for at least six months before it happened. I made a little goal to do a bit more to make him feel special and celebrated on his special day. I haven't been great at birthday celebrations in the past and I knew that he was old enough to be very excited about every little detail.  And boy, was he ever, it about killed him to wait ALL DAY to eat his choo choo birthday cake.






I asked Lee what kind of birthday he wanted and he said, "choo choo trains" so, that's what I based everything on.  I had some church obligations and other responsibilities so I knew I would still want to keep things simple for his birthday but it was admittedly fun to take some time to do a bit more to celebrate.







I made my first ever real layer cake which was both fun and a bit tense (especially when the first two layers got stuck in the pans at about 11 at night...) It was far far from perfectly executed but it was fun to try something new and the recipes I used were quite delicious too.




We had a great time celebrating our favorite first born and I loved his pure excitement about every little thing throughout the day.



We love you our sweet 3 year old boy!


No comments :

Post a Comment