Monday, June 8, 2015

beach vibes. part one



Since we've moved down south we've talked about taking a trip to Florida to experience the emerald water and white sand everyone raves about. We both grew up with California coasts and a couple Hawaii trips.
Well, a couple weeks ago we finally made it happen when we met Kevin's parents in the Destin area of NW Florida.
It was everything people said it was.  We had nearly perfect weather the entire time and our location was perfectly suited to allow us to be able to play and relax with our kids all day e'ry day. :)
(a bit later in this post I talk a bit about why we loved our location)



























Some of the reasons we loved it;
We stayed in the less crowded area so that meant less crowed beaches, no high rises and less people in general.
We stayed in a condo (with a couple bedrooms, bathrooms, living room and full kitchen) with pools and a spa right on the beach: private beach access, no shoes necessary, no driving to the beach, a couple showers between the beach and the pool.
Our place also included a big beach umbrella and a couple chairs that they set up for you every morning and took down every night.
Also because we were so close and it was so easy to clean up (thank you showers and pools) we went to the beach a couple times a day. (before and after naps, after dinner, etc...)
It also had a BBQ area we will utilize A TON more when we go back.
And it's not so far out of town that we didn't have quick access to everything we needed like a full grocery store and lots of restaurants.
















2 comments :

  1. Ahhhhh. I LOVE Florida! We went for our honeymoon and the beach we went to there was AMAZING and by far my favorite beach experience ever. I'm not even much of a beach person (sunburn much?) but I dream about that Florida beach on the daily. These photos are making me so jealous! Jim and I are dying to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! It was my first time to Florida, and I fell in LOVE with the beaches and water, growing up with Southern California beaches, I felt like it was heaven to have that soft white sand and amazing warm water. I loved it, even more than Hawaii mostly because...no coral. :) I am a sunscreen fanatic so even though we were out all day every day, no one even really has a tan line. You should plan a return trip, though I admit it is a bit more of an ordeal to get there from where y'all are than from Texas. Lame. We are hopefully getting much of the Tanner clan out there next summer!

      Delete