Thursday, January 15, 2015

sloppy joe pizza: perhaps the easiest meal ever. (disclaimer: I don't like real sloppy joes...)

sloppy joe pizza really might be the easiest thing you'll ever make your family for dinner.
I got my original recipe from my Momma and tweaked it a bit for my family.




Ingredients:
1/2-1 pound ground turkey (depending on how thick you like the topping)
1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese (whatever type you like, we've generally used straight mozzarella but sometimes a mix) 
1/2 cup (to taste really) Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1 precooked pizza crust or french bread loaf

Directions:
1. Brown ground turkey, salt and pepper to taste. I also add some fresh chopped sweet onion or onion flakes.
2. Mix thawed corn, turkey and BBQ sauce in a bowl.
(Do as much BBQ sauce as you prefer, I don't like it to be super thick, just enough to get the meat and corn sticking together.)
3a. pizza crust: Cover the pizza crust in the meat and corn combo and top with cheese, bake as directed for crust (or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted)
3b. french bread: slice in half length-wise (like you would for a big sandwich), put the two halves on a cookie sheet and top each with the meat and corn combo and cheese, bake at 350 until cheese is melted and dish is warm through.
4. Cut and serve.




No comments :

Post a Comment